Tuesday 3 July 2012

What’s Next? Welcome to the ABS Challenge!




I’ve just completed my EPIC sixty-nine mile ultra run and now it’s time to get fit and healthy...

This might sound like a contradiction in terms, but the truth of it is running that far and the type of training involved is NOT healthy.

During my preparation for the big race I developed what can only be described as an unhealthy relationship with chocolate and caffeine. It became common practice to come home from a run, open the fridge and inhale. Not good.

Therefore, when The ABS Challenge came to town (more metaphorical - it’s run on the internet) I decided to sign up. 

I’m under no illusion - I don’t plan on winning it. I just want an incentive to get back in the gym and start eating healthily again. And there is no greater motivation to eat healthily and start training than public humiliation.





So... For the next six-weeks I will be posting my bare chested torso online for the world to see and working my ass off in the gym.

This is great for you guys for a couple of reasons:
  1. Because I will be blogging lots hints and tips
  2. Because you will get to see my bare naked torso
Where do I start???

I NEED to start eating clean nourishing food. I will start eating more fresh fish, fresh poultry, fresh meat, fresh fruit, fresh veg. Don’t get me wrong my diet wasn’t tooooooo bad. But I know I will need to bin the chocolate and caffeine.

I’ll be trading my bad habits for some healthy new ones. I’ll make sure I’m getting five portions of vegetables a day, I will plan my lunch to include a healthy portion of protein and salad and I will avoid my trips to Starbucks (humph...) 

I know after the first week this will become second nature and I will start to feel AMAZING.

What else???

I’m gonna start to get back in the gym. I will start using big compound strength exercises such as squats, lunges, bench presses and pull ups. These will start to sculpt and tone my muscles (Wow! Did I just say two of most disgusting words in fitness?!) 

Is that all???

No. I will start to get to bed on time too. 

All in all it’s gonna be AWESOME.





So... With the maximum amount of humiliation here it is. My before pics...






Yes, Shameful. BUT if nothing else it is proof running a very long way is NOT good for getting in shape. And, that despite my holiday to Menorca only a month ago, my tan has gone.

Keep up to date with my progress on here. Or get following on Twitter @SteveKeywoodPT or even on Facebook.


Did I really use the words 'sculpt' and 'tone'?!

No comments:

Post a Comment