Wednesday 11 July 2012

The ABS Challenge: The Importance of Looking Good Naked


The first week of The ABS Challenge is complete. Even for a fitness fanatic with laser beam focus, the initial week of any plan is never easy. You can always expect a certain amount of withdrawal symptoms likened to a drug addict without their fix. Headaches, lethargy, moodiness ...you name it I’ve had it. 

Fortunately, my experience of cleaning up my diet has taught me several things. Firstly, it should only last about five days. And secondly, it’ll be worth it in the end. I know after the first week of eliminating sugar, caffeine and processed foods I will be looking and feeling fantastic and and this is enough to keep me on track.

After admitting my failings last week and confessing to turning into a caffeine and carbohydrate junky whilst training for The Wall Ultra Run I have been fascinated by the amount of interest in my latest challenge. I guess it proves my super-human feats of ultra endurance mean nothing and getting a six-pack and looking better naked is far more important.

I’m not saying my followers are a fickle bunch, but... 





This also tells me another thing. You guys don’t care about my witty repertoire and just want to see what I’m doing to get in beach-ready in just six-weeks and know how I’ve done it...

So without further ado...

This is what a typical day looks like...

Breakfast: Vegetable Omelet (3 eggs, broccoli, orange pepper & green beans)

Lunch: A Man Salad (king prawns, spinach, rocket & watercress, avocado, cherry tomatoes, Dressing: fresh lemon juice, extra virgin olive oil, pinch of pink Himalayan salt & pepper) & a raw carrot and hummus.

Afternoon Snack: Cucumber & Hummus

Dinner: Tuna Steak & Roast Vegetables (peppers, courgettes, fennel, sweet potato)

Post-Exercise: Protein Shake (Sun Warrior Vegan Protein Powder, rice milk, banana)

To compliment this I’m indulging in a a bit of heavy strength training four or five times a week (I will elaborate on this in another post...) and bodyweight circuits two or three times per week.

What do I look like now...





Only joking...





BOOM! I’ve lost 2 INCHES from my stomach in just 1 week! Still pretty impressive in comparison to last weeks, right?

I’m still a little skinny (understatement - I’m not sure I can change this significantly in six-weeks...) but progress nevertheless. 

I’ll be back next week with another update.


Just in case you thought this was weird - I find taking pictures of myself and posting them on the internet strange too...

No comments:

Post a Comment