Friday 1 June 2012

Coregasms, Fifty Shades of Grey & a Five-Minute Core Workout


The stuff I know sometimes surprises people.

Perhaps it’s because I spend most of my time smiling and laughing. Or perhaps it’s my poor grammar. But you should never underestimate me.

One of my areas of expertise is in women's fitness.

When working with women one of the skills you need to learn is to listen.


Sometimes they are talking to you, other times they are talking to each other and you have to be patient, and some times they are not talking to you at all for whatever reason. In all situations you have to pay attention.

Being an attentive man I sometimes notice somethings I find interesting.

Of late of most interest to me is the rise in popularity of a man named Christian Grey.

The man is something of a legend.


When he raises his quivering hand women listen. 

I think I could learn many things from him.

One of things I like most about the guy is his endorsement of personal training. The guy understands the importance of keeping fit and insists on Anastasia working out with a trainer four times per week.

However, I think even he would be impressed by this latest research.

Please forgive my intellectual ignorance, I have read neither the book nor the study for fear of disappointment. Therefore I’m going on hearsay alone. Chinese whispers if you like.

But this study confirms what every teenage boy already knew.

Women get turned on by riding bikes.

Please don’t shoot the messenger on this one. It’s proven. It’s science.

Research conducted by the Centre for Sexual Health at Indiana University set out to prove exercise-induced orgasms and exercise-induced sexual pleasure actually happens. And prove it they did.

Just for your interest the types of physical exercise found to be associated with exercise-induced orgasms and exercise-induced sexual pleasure were abdominal (51.4%), weight lifting (26.5%), yoga (20%), bicycling (15.8%), running (13.2%) and walking/hiking (9.6%).


It’s no wonder my clients and bootcampers keep asking me for more ab work?!

My main concern with this is I haven’t noticed. Perhaps I’m doing it wrong or maybe I’m not paying enough attention. However, with the help of this witty blog I’m set to set the world alight like Christian Grey. Next week all of my client will be having a Coregasm...

Try this core workout...

You can tell from this post client satisfaction is always my top priority and so it’s not all crude jokes and smuttery. Here is a core workout for you to be getting on with.

A1. Advanced Spidermans x 30s
A2. Renegade Row x 30s
A3. Supermans x 30s
Repeat another two times with minimum recovery between exercises.

Check out a shoddy and rushed You Tube clip of the exercises here.

In just four and half minutes you will be done and dusted and as I proved in the video clip you can do it in front of the children. Let me know how you get on but if all else fails you will have strong and toned core...

Come find me on Facebook at Steve Keywood's Personal Training or Twitter @SteveKeywoodPT for more intelligent debate on this subject.

I must credit my source and the creator of the term ‘coregasm’ - check Roman Fitness System here. This is perhaps the funniest blog post I’ve read for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment