Monday 25 January 2010

Beware of Your Friends!

Last night, after spending the afternoon watching some friends play rugby, Emma and I went out into town. Having not slept particularly well the night before, and having been out during the day, I was not particularly bothered about going, but it was a mate’s birthday so wanted to see him and wish him happy birthday.

We all had a great evening and I saw some friends I haven’t seen in a while but it struck me that I was doing the one thing that I didn’t want to do: DRINK!

How many times have you been caught up in an atmosphere that lead you to behave in a way that is inconsistent with your goals and ambitions? How many times have your friends said, ‘oh go on, just this once won’t hurt!’ Sometimes they are right, and just want you to have some fun, but if it happens on a regular basis, you might need to ask yourself whether they have your best interest at heart.

Last night I should of known better. I didn’t drink too much but I have been training really hard of late and eating really healthily as I want to feel healthy and energised, and want to be stronger and leaner, but mishaps like this do the opposite.

When it comes to eating and drinking it’s easy to be wrapped up in the moment, but it’s important to remember that it’s your body and you’ll have to deal with the aftermath. There is no point in training so hard during the week, taking the time to plan meals and eat properly if you cough it all up at the weekend.

The trappings of lifestyles are indeed that. Traps!

No comments:

Post a Comment