Sunday 10 May 2009

Fat Lurked On Belly!

I started training Lee after he came back from his summer holiday. He offered me a bonus to get him a six-pack. Shame he moved away before I could finish the job. After about 8 weeks we were well on our way...
  • Lost 2.5 inches around his belly button
  • Lost 10lbs
  • Lost 3% bodyfat
I had already been using fitness trainers for some time before I started working with Steve, so my fitness and strength was already good and I was reasonably defined, although carrying more weight than I would have liked. When Steve measured my waist however, I asked him if his tape measure was faulty because I couldn’t believe my stomach was as chunky as the measurement suggested!

As part of Steve’s inital assessment he asked me what my goals were. I told him that my overall goal was to have a gorgeous body that was worthy of the cover page of Mens Health magazine! To his credit, he managed not to laugh too much. But as far as I am concerned, fitness, strength and flexibility are important, but we all want to look good naked too!

I am lucky because I have a naturally v-shaped body, but my luck runs out when it comes to the amount of fat that so easily sticks itself to my frame. I have never been seriously overweight, but like a lot of men, and especially as age creeps up, I easily suffer from the FLOB syndrome – Fat Lurks on Belly! I have always found it frustrating that no matter how good the pecs and upper body looks, my stomach never seemed to transform to the same degree. It is like taking an Ozzie Osbourne fan to a Jane MacDonald concert - it just doesn’t seem to want to join in!

I had been training previously at a good but rather over-priced gym in London. It was fun as I was quite often trained alongside famous celebrities, and the instructors had achieved some decent results with me. However, I never knew which of the four trainers was going to put me through my paces until I arrived for my session, and I found this to be a weakness in the regime. The trainers quite often looked bored with their daily production line of clients.

What I liked about Steve, and I admit it surprised me for such a young guy, was his knowledge, his passion and belief, and his personality. In my experience of fitness trainers, I have come to realise that it is vitally important to have a good working relationship. Some of them try to a degree, some of the should frankly be sacked, and some of them, like Steve, are gems. Steve is the perfect combination of sound knowledge of his subject, coupled with a friendly open personality.











Well Done Lee and keep up the good work!

No comments:

Post a Comment