Thursday 10 March 2011

Four Things That Have Rocked My World This Week & A Funny Video


The title hardly rolls off the tongue but it is what it is...

1. A New Book
I try to read at least two books a month that are fitness, nutrition, personal development or business related. Finding time to read with work, training and home stuff is always a challenge – I get busy like everyone else – but like anything else if you want to do it you can find the time! However, this week I opened a book that I just cant put down. The Four Hour Work Week by Tim Ferris is AWESOME. I’m only 100 pages in (after 1 day!) and I love it. I thought it would be more business orientated but it seems to be like life coaching without the wanky connotations.

2. Pancakes
I love Pancake Day. Earlier this week I put a great recipe for pancakes on my blog and have had some brilliant feedback. I came home to find EJ knocking up some regular pancakes, and man they were goooooooood! I went off the rails and scoffed them with lemon and sugar. I’m mental I know. But you can’t be good all the time, right? I love Pancake Day. I think it should be a Bank Holiday. What do you think?

3. Killer Swim and New PB
Monday morning I made my way to the Surrey Sports Centre to do my first swim session of the week. I’ve been making good progress in the pool and have stopped being overtaken by middle-aged women trying to keep their hair dry. With this in mind I got in the fast lane. I tailed in behind a couple of guys from Guildford City Swimming Club and instead of my usual swim set I decided to try and stick with them as best I could. I ended up working really hard and was pleased to see that I finished my 3000m swim in 50 minutes. This is a brilliant time for me bearing in mind my PB for a mile was about 28 minutes. This is just shy of 2 miles and so I’m pleased.

4. The Small Things
I’ve really started to appreciate the smaller things in life – I think it’s a sign I’m getting older! This week I’ve enjoyed the days getting longer – the bright weather puts everyone in a better mood. I’ve enjoyed seeing people get small but really significant breakthroughs in their health and fitness. Like Tracy getting a massive thumbs up from her doctor about her blood pressure, Steve (not me!) waking up without back ache and Liz kicking ass with her training program – even if she still squats like a girl!


Finally for your enjoyment check out this video of a Panda Sneezing.

Have a great weekend :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment