Friday 25 February 2011

The Experts...



Far be it from me to be controversial – but I thought I’d just put this one out there and see what you think. I have been rewriting my healthy eating plan that I give my clients and have decided to take this section out. Not because I don’t believe it, but because I want it to be more succinct. I’d love to know what you think…

“In this area, it is also important to understand that your doctor cannot help you. Your doctor has studied long and hard and whilst a great source of information, their knowledge primarily is about illness and diseases, not health and wellness. I am not telling you to disregard your doctors’ advice; if you are uncertain about anything medical, your doctor should be your first port of call. However, when it comes to nutritional information your doctor can certainly be found lacking. Latest figures suggest that on a 4-year course at medical school; three-quarters of doctors will fail to clock up even a week of nutritional training.

“If you think the government guidelines are satisfying your nutritional needs, I suggest you think again. As with all things political, there is always an agenda. Any government has to satisfy big business and balance the books. The revenue in taxes generated from large food companies more than justifies its stance on nutrition. If you follow the government guidelines on nutrition, you will follow the path of many. You will almost certainly suffer from one or more of the chronic diseases that are rife in modern life such as diabetes, obesity and coronary heart disease.

“In this area, it’s also fair to say that the media offer no assistance. Many people are too quick to believe what is written in magazines and newspapers. Again, these formats have an agenda. The media are responsible for reporting interesting news, without this, no one would buy their articles. Therefore, if something is interesting but not factually correct, they may decide to print it regardless.

“My point is this. Maintaining health is a personal responsibility.”

What do you think?

Follow this link to my Facebook page and let me know what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment