Tuesday 3 April 2012

The Reading Half, The Strongman Race & The World Record (PLUS a bonus inspiring gym video)

This week has been EPIC.

Firstly, I’d like to give a shout out to three of my clients who totally OWNED the Reading Half-Marathon this weekend. Joe, Lindsey and Ben all ‘manned up’ and on a tough course on a hot day KICKED ASS. I’m so proud of you guys. I’m pleased to say I made it round in 1:32 and to be honest that’s the best I could of done on the day. I have a couple of weeks now until I take on London and ten weeks until ‘The Wall’ (I feel this should be followed by some kind of evil laugh - mwahahahahahaaha) so it’s time to knuckle down.



I have also been asked this week to represent ‘Team GB’ in The Strongman Run in Germany. This looks like it could be great fun. It seems to be similar to the Tough Guy race I did in January. It has lots of obstacles and covers about ten-miles so it should be a great challenge. Take a look at this video to see what I will be putting myself through...

The Strongman Race

Tell me if I’m wrong but I’m pretty sure it was Alan from The Hangover dressed up as Superman at about 28s in...

Also, I wanted to give some love to my buddy Lee Chamberlain. Similar to me, Lee likes to ‘go long’ (street slang for ultra distance racing...). To be fair Lee puts me to shame on this front. Lee is actually training to regain his world record. He is preparing to run seven days on the treadmill to a total of 560-miles - you don’t need to be a genius to realise this is a really long way. Give Lee some support and check out his progress at www.leechamberlain.co.uk

Finally, I wanted to leave you with a video clip that has had a profound impact on me and my career.

The BONUS Inspiring Gym Video

Be careful out there. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment