Saturday 1 January 2011

Cutting The CRAP*



I know I’ve written about this before so here goes…

By CRAP* I mean caffeine, refined sugar, alcohol and processed foods. This is not a compromise as I think this is how people should eat anyway. I will make my case for this in future blog posts, but for now this is what I’m doing. By cutting out caffeine, sugar, alcohol and processed foods COMPLETELY I will be much healthier. Add into that the elimination of wheat, dairy and some fat (note: some) I know this is how the human body functions best.

This will not be as easy for me as you would think because after having a few beers last night and a Chinese (it was New Years eve after all!) I’m am not feeling 100%…
That combined with a couple of weeks of eating the bad stuff means it’s a challenge.

So what am I gonna cut…

Caffeine – this includes coffee, tea, hot chocolate (not that I drink that anyway) even green tea..
Sugar – biscuits, cakes, chocolate, pretty much anything that’s refined
Alcohol – yes… the way I feel this morning I could say I’ll never drink again…
Processed Food – Anything in a packet, anything with an ingredients label, anything in a tin
Dairy – milk, cheese, yoghurt..
Wheat – bread, breakfast cereals, pasta,
Some Fat – I will come onto this at a later date.

Some people will say that this is not sustainable and I realise that this approach is not for everybody – but I don’t work with everybody J My approach is based some unquestionable truths about fitness and nutrition (I will post some cool articles in a while) and this is the way I know works.

So what will you eat? I hear you ask.

Today I will have a couple of boiled eggs for breakfast, homemade vegetable soup for lunch, and tuna steak with roasted vegetables for dinner. I will snack on mixed nuts and fruit in between. Simples..

No comments:

Post a Comment